The HOPE Family Support Network provides information, support, and training for families who have children of all ages and with all types of special needs in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, McDowell and Lincoln Counties in the foothills area of western North Carolina.
Ways HOPE can help:
- Match families with parents who have children with similar disabilities and circumstances
- Provide information about disabilities and medical conditions
- Help families find and access resources
- Coordinate parent support and education groups
- Offer training on topics of interest for families and professionals
- Provide one-one assistance to help families become their child’s best advocate
- Help young people and adults with disabilities become effective self-advocates
Promote opportunities for individuals and families to be part of improving resources, services and supports for people with disabilities.
The HOPE Parent Resource Center is a project of the Family Support Network/HOPE and is a federally funded community parent resource center. Our mission is to support families who have children with special needs to:
- Be involved in their child's education & development
- Learn about their child's & families' rights
- Feel more supported in the community
- Have more positive feelings about having a child with special needs
- Help their child learn, grow, play, & make friends